Monday, January 18, 2016

LATELY.



Wellllll um my goal last time didnt exactly go as planned hahaha. Lifestory: still pending lol

It is now 2016 and there are soooooo many changes to talk about. Well kind of sort of. The changes that happened in 2015 but were never written about lol Those I want to write about. I hate being behind on things, cuz it takes hella more time to update and then I get even more behind..because I dont want a junk update, I gotta go into details....and thaaaaaats why I suck at keeping journals lol. #LameExcuse #NewGoal? lol Auuuuuriiiiight here we go.. (*Special shoutout to Cassan aka Michelle for being so good at updating her blog, it inpired me to get back in to blogging. And Sui too. You guys are my idols! Lol)


#1. I went home to Samoa to take care of Mama. 
This was waaaaaayyyyyy back in 2014 lol but I stayed there til April of last year. That is a whole blog post (or several) of its own. I'm so grateful that I made the decision to go home and take care of her because I would've missed out on spending time with her and basically, "giving back" to her. She passed away in March last year. Had I not gone back with her, I would've regretted that decision probably for the rest of my life. Thank goodness for prayer and a wise mother for sending me in the right direction.

Throooowwwbackkkk.

#2. Benjamin and Nina got married.
Yayyyy! And it was our first official Viiga and Lupeautino Fuimaono family reunion! Everyone was together for the first time in 11 years (Aljay left Samoa in 2004). It was sooooo much fun. It was fun seeing all the kids and spending time with everyone.
Our growing family! (:

My fave! Me and all m y kids (:

#3. I came back to BYUH for schoooool.
Me, listening to Brother Bowen.
Schoooooool shmooooooool. Hahaha. I came back after FSY Savaii for Summer semester. Mannn, I missed school. Maybe...maybe not. Lol I didn't fail completely so that was good! I passed all my classes so it was a good start. Summer semester was only 7 weeks because BYUH is gaaaaaangsta. Regular semester times are too mainstream for this school so we made up our own. #Botz Lol. So yea, anyways. I took a fitness class so that was also good for me..but I suck cuz I didnt follow anything that I learned in that class. Lol I stayed in the dorms for Summer semester and Summer break and because I'm not iWork, it was heeeeeeelllaaaaa expensive and pelgrant didn't cover any of it, so, after my long journey of 7 weeks back into school life, I took a semester off...okay actually, I took 2 semesters off. Hahaha. #Bubbogum. I took it off because I couldn't register for school because I still had to pay off housing, but I hella had no money lol Originally, back in Utah, my plan was to go to UVU because apparently they have a real good Science program there. But that plan was interrupted for a bit while I went home to look after Mama. I applied back to BYUH, actually before Mama passed away (Aunty Affi was there to look after her and I decided to come back to school). But it happened just before I came to school. (Perfect timing maybe? The Lord always has perfect timing!) Anyway, so I was going to come to BYUH for a semester or two and then transfer to UVU. Buttttttt, I'm not sure that'll happen. Idk yet. My plans are changing all the time. But I feel like I need to be here. I've prayed about going or staying, and I have a good feeling that I should stay. I guess we'll see! Soooo, I haven't been in school the last two semesters and that leads us to #4...

#4. Working at PCC! Hahaha. 
During my quick appearance back at school, I got a job working as a tour guide at PCC. I actually thought about it at home before I came to Hawaii, that I wanted to be a tour guide lol Idk why, maybe because of the mission? I love meeting and making new friends. I suuure did that at this job. Lol. I LOOOOVED being a tourguide! Idk why I didn't come and go straight there when I came to BYUH the first time! Lol (Jk I do know why, because dancing at PCC was my dream ever since I was a little girl but then that dream got shot down because I was too fat lol. Yes I'm still semi-salty but, who cares, tour guides mo betta! I always feel like the let-down tho. I'm the only one that never danced nightshow. Not that it matters but, that's how I always pictured it...and whoooooo cares HAHAHAHAHAA #Kalos #Care. OooOokay,..moving on...back to the story lol )


Working guides was awesome! I realized what I wanna take up as a career..kinda sorta.. (and no, not working at PCC for the rest of my life lol)...but working with people! My major right now in school is Biology PreMed. I love science, but I think I would do good in the other field. I'm going to do biology to have something to fall back on but we shall see.

This awesome family from Green Valley, CA. They lived in
San Jose at one point so we knew some of the same people! (:
Our big ohana from all over the world!
Anyways! I loved working at guides. I learned so much about myself. I learned how to be patient- with children running all over the place, with adults yelling in your face about anything and everything, with coworkers not pulling their weight, and most importantly, with myself when I fell short of expectations. I learned to be calm in the middle of craziness all around you. I learned to be responsible and to take charge. Annnnd most importantly, I learned how to say hi in so many different languages lol I learned to love people. It was almost exactly like a mission.You meet people from all different cultures/background/upbringing /everything and you have to become their best friend in two mins because you're going to spend alllllll day with them- just like the mission! You also taught them, well, maybe a better word is shared, with them something that you LOVE- your culture (on the mission it was the gospel). I love watching people learn and become amazed at who you are and more so, WHY you are. The way our dept worked was also kind of like a mission. We had to write letters to Boss at the end of every week and tell him about our week. We had hour long prayer meetings everyday that were kind of like District Meetings (it included mission statement, song, prayer, spritual thought, island knowledge training from the script (like a White Handbook training) and then training). We had a semester-ly training with the entire dept kind of like a Zone Training Meeting or Mission Conference. And yaaaaaa. Lol. Even mooooore reason for me to love working there. Plus, we walked all day and so it doubled as daily exercise for me and I also got suuuuper tan...but only on my face and neck and arms. The uuuugliest shoe tan and dress tan. Hoi.

So beautiful.
At the end of summer break, my good friend Mat (who was our supervisor) asked me to be the recorder for the next semester. I loved doing that too lol. (A recorder is basically the one who controls the whole day, kind of. Guests who come to PCC to go with a tourguide are directed to the Ambassador Room, where they are divided into groups and given a tourguide. The recorder is in charge of numbers, keeping a running total of guests/guides, records each guests' name and basically, who keeps the records of the day's operation. Heeeeeeella busy cuz you got people talking to you in the room, people talking to you in your ear on the radio, and people calling/texting you on the phone. Just grreeeeaaaat lol) The room was my home. I stayed there all day! It was cool tho because I got to know alot of the guides and made a lot of lifelong friends. Because I wasn't in school for two semesters, I got to work fulltime and so I was at PCC basically everyday. I really had nothing else so most of my time and energy went to work. I really grew a love for the place. We had an awesome boss, I worked with my friends, and we got paid to tell people about our culture and to play with kids all day- we had it good! It definitely wasnt for the pay lol but I came away with a lot of good things.
MPG Nation, Winter 2015
I switched jobs over to security just after Christmas break and that's where I'm at right now. I went over for a better pay (HAHA). Its in the same dept so we have the same boss. It's soooo chill. We dont do much. Just walk around and check on stuff lol It's koo, koo. But yea, thats where I'm at right now in life..

Writing this, I realize I haven't accomplished much in the past year. Hahahaha. #FailArmy. Well, nowhere to go but UP. I have alot of things to accomplish in this next year. This is a good place to keep a record to hold myself accountable to..

New Year's Goals
-Accomplish last years goals (which were to accomplish the year before's goals) .. 
Making progress guys hahaha
-Be healthy
-Find a boyfriend (HAHAHA. Everyone needs to pray harder for this one, including me lol)
-Stay in school and get good grades

Looks like a pretty good list there. Hahaha. Anyyyyyways, I think this is a pretty good life update for the new year... Stay tuned for mooooore! (:

MALAHOOO! (:

4 comments:

  1. hahahah YAY BRIT!!! Ay you did a lot last year! oh and if you feel like you need to stay at BYUH i think its a sign.....you're going to meet your Mr.Eternal lol....ay you never know..you might have met him already...ooooohhhhohoohohoh...ia okay love you. Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha. Negs on the 'met him already' part. Ive only met mahu's so far. They wouldn't last in our family hahahaha. Yayyy for blogs!

      Delete
  2. Good job Rob!!! (I'm going to catch up on my blog now lol since you gave me some fake credit haha) And yes, you did do A LOT last year :-) Now I wish I went into tourguiding when I got back from the mish... mucho blessings await you my friend...i can see it in the stars lol, luv ya britt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Lets all catch up on our blogs, yayyyy! Lol. Which stars you looking at? I wanna look at them too so I can see lol

      Delete